The Valdese Police Department, in serving the people of Valdese, strives to reduce crime and provide a safe town by:
- Recognizing that its goal is to help people and provide assistance at every opportunity;
- Providing preventive, investigative, and enforcement services;
- Increasing citizen satisfaction with public safety;
- Obtaining community cooperation through the Department's training, skills, and efforts.
- Realizing that the Police Department alone cannot control crime, but must act in cooperation with the community and the rest of the Criminal Justice System.
In achieving these goals, the men and women of the Valdese Police Department will conduct themselves in an ethical manner. They will always abide by the following directives.
- Respect and protect the rights of citizens as determined by the law;
- Treat citizens and their fellow employees courteously and with the dignity which they expect to be treated themselves;
- Be examples of honesty and integrity in their professional and personal lives, thereby earning the public trust;
- Perform their duties with the knowledge that protection of the lives & property of all citizens is their primary duty; and
- Comply with the spirit and letter of the Code of Ethics.
2017 Safest Cities - Safewise Voted Valdese #9 Safest City in NC
2016 Safest Cities - Safewise Voted Valdese #17 Safest City in NC
Violent Crimes per 1,000: 0.90 | Property Crimes per 1,000: 17.23
2015 Safest Cities - Safewise Voted Valdese #10 Safest City in NC
Violent Crimes per 1,000: .44 | Property Crimes per 1,000: 15.35
|Chief of Police||Jack Moss|
|Assistant Chief of Police||James Buchanan|
|Administrative Assistant||Susan Bueker|
|Business Calls||(828) 879-2109|
P.O. Box 339
Fireworks Friday Night Independence Day Celebration
The Town of Valdese invites you to enroll in CodeRED, our community notification system.